We are loading the locations, please wait…
The iron bridge over the Guadiaro is a typical bowstring construction, developed in Spain, mainly for road bridges, during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. It consists of four sections of equal length with parabolic metal beams supported on stone pillars.
It was opened to traffic in 1929, and remained in service, without any serious alterations until 1969, when, with the inauguration of the San Enrique bridge, it ceased to be part of the N-340. Work on the course of the Guadiaro meant that the original configuration of the bridge could be retained and it remains in a good state of conservation.