Declared as Site of Cultural Interest, was built in 1252 by Fadrique, prince of Castile, son of Fernando III The Saint and brother of Alfonso X, unfortunate responsible of his death. This watchtower is located inside the current Convento de Santa Clara, open to the public and eventually used as a set for cultural events.
In ‘La Peste‘, the inside of the Torre de Don Fadrique works as the set for the General Inquisitor office, Celso de Guevara (Manolo Solo). That is the place where Mateo is taken blinded and where the religious man keeps the objects and possessions of the arrested and executed men. There is also there where, in the last chapter, Mateo arrived by his own after going through a series of tunnels.